Hey readers, how are you today? Don't worry I haven't gone all Keto or LCHF on you. I just thought I would share these Keto Chicken Rolls because they're delicious and I know so many of you follow this type of meal plan. This recipe does fit into LCHF and keto diets. Initially, I was just trying to make a simple Gluten Free chicken sausage roll.
Keto Baked Chicken & Ham Rolls
- 90 gm onion
- 5 gm garlic
- 75 gm Parmesan cheese block
- 40 gm baby spinach
- 500 gm chicken mince
- 40 gm pine nuts
- 2 eggs
- 10 slice round ham not large soccer ball ham
- 5 slices round pancetta
- Preheat the oven 190-degree Celsius.
- Line a baking tray with paper.
- Place the onion, garlic and Parmesan cheese in the TM bowl. Blitz 6 sec/Speed 9.
- Scrape down the bowl.
- Add baby spinach. Chop 5 sec/Speed 4.
- Add egg, chicken, and pine nuts to the onion mixture. Combine 10 sec/Speed 2.
- Start with a heaped tablespoon of the chicken mixture and spoon it onto the edge of the ham. Depending on the size of the ham or prosciutto you may need to add more filling.
- Fold each side in toward the middle and then roll the chicken mince up.
- Use toothpicks to secure the ham and chicken roll or just simply place the roll open side down.
- Continue to roll all the slice of ham until finished.
- Roll the pancetta the same way as the ham parcels.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Whilst I was putting the recipe together and looking at the nutrient panel, I noticed that it was not only GF but also very low in carbs. So I thought it was a good time to talk about Keto and LCHF diets. What are these LCHF diets we have been hearing all about?
What are the Keto & LCHF diets we have been hearing all about?
The Keto diet restricts carbohydrates to an extremely low level. It's common for someone on this type of meal plan to eat as low as 10 -20gm of carbs per day. Regular dietary guideline state that we should eat between 45-65% of our diets in carbohydrates. For an average female that would equate to approximately 250gm in carbohydrates.
The reason the Keto diet restricts carbohydrates in order to stop the body producing glucose from the carbohydrates. When carbs are eaten we produce insulin to break down the glucose and turn it into energy for everyday functions. On the Keto diet, the low carb load forces the body to produce ketones in the liver which is then used as energy. The diet goes by many different names ketogenic diet, low carb diet, low carb high fat (LCHF), etc.
Just for the record, I don't recommend any meal plan except eating healthy, real food. I have noticed that my diet is naturally low in simple carbohydrates, as I don't like processed foods, like white bread, pastry, processed sauces, chips, lollies etc.
I do however eat about 120 -150gm of carbohydrates each day because I love my fruit, vegetables, whole grains, beans, and legumes. So according to dietary guidelines, I tend to a naturally low carbohydrate diet.
So why I am telling you all this?? I guess I just wanted to share, that although I don't follow an eating plan, restricting simple carbohydrates and processed foods has always been the key to me maintaining my figure. Please remember to speak to a registered dietician or doctor before commencing any new diet.
Keto Chicken Rolls
So don’t forget to pin these delicious Keto Chicken Rolls for later ????
If you’re looking for more great Thermomix recipes, please follow the ThermoKitchen FB Page. I share loads of great recipes on the page. Our community group page also shares recipes from other fabulous Thermomix bloggers.