Spicy Buffalo Chicken Pizza is pure food bliss. Make the dough and hot sauce in the Thermomix or by hand. Cook it in the oven or in the Ovana Pizza oven. However you like to cook, you NEED to try this recipe!
Have I convinced you to try this pizza? I hope so because it is amazing!
The key to a perfect pizza is not to overload it with too many toppings. The spicy buffalo sauce flavour shines through with just a small amount of chicken, onion, baby spinach, and cheese. The pizza is then topped with a swirl of aioli once it's cooked.
Adding excess toppings makes the pizza soggy and stops the base from becoming crisp. When it comes to pizzas, less is definitely more!
Since we bought the Ovana Pizza oven we have been making so many delicious pizzas. Each pizza only takes 2 minutes to cook so it is a much faster option than the oven. I am giving instructions for the conventional oven or the Ovana Pizza Oven.
Ovana Pizza Oven
Take your pizza game to the next level with the Thermomix Ovana Pizza Oven. It reaches 500 degrees Celcius and takes just 2 minutes to cook your pizza on the large pizza stone.
Tips For Making Pizza in the Ovana Pizza Oven
The Ovana Pizza oven cooks the pizza on a hot stone and reaches temperatures of up to 500 degrees Celcius. Pizza takes just two minutes to cook at this temperature. Because of the fast cook time, I tend to stick with toppings that cook quickly.
- Pre-heat the oven with the door on until it reaches around 400 degrees
- Use semolina on the base of the pizza
- Place the pizza base on the launching paddle.
- Shuffle the pizza base to ensure it isn't sticking, add more semolina if necessary
- Add toppings to the pizza that cook quickly
- Don't overload the pizza base
- Shuffle the paddle to check that the pizza base still moves freely on the paddle
- Launch the pizza onto the stone in one confident movement.
- Start turning the pizza after 15 to 20 seconds.
- Turn constantly to prevent burning
- Remove with the paddle
Tips for Cooking in the Oven
Cooking pizza in the oven takes a lot longer due to oven temperature limitations.
- Pre-heat oven to the maximum temperature
- Use a pizza tray with holes to ensure the base is cooked
- Spray the pizza tray with oil
- Don't overload the pizza base
- Don't cook too many pizza's at once or the oven will lose temperature
My buffalo chicken pizza is really easy to make, pizza dough is really simple to make in the Thermomix, but it can be time-consuming kneading it by hand.
If you don't have a Thermomix you may want to take a shortcut and use prepared pizza bases.
It almost sounds like blasphemy to suggest buying a pizza base. But then again, girls gotta do, what a girls gotta do! Or, you could just save this recipe for the weekend. For the nicest tasting pizza dough, it's best to make it ahead of time and allow it to proof, so although dough is simple to make, waiting for it to proof when you have starving children to feed isn't fun 🙂
I've included a link to my pizza dough recipe, but feel free to use whatever base works for you.
No more soggy pizza bases. When cooking a pizza in the oven the base is usually the last part of the pizza to cook. Not anymore with this perforated Pizza Tray. The holes allow the base to become crisp more quickly, avoiding the soggy base issue.
Step by Step Buffalo Chicken Pizza
The first step is to make the pizza dough and allow it to proof.
Making Pizza dough literally takes 3 minutes of active time. Then you leave the dough to proof for 20-40min.
Once the dough is proofing you're ready to make the spicy Buffalo Sauce.
Then build and bake your pizza, so let's get started with some tips 🙂
I share loads of great recipes on the page. Our community group page is a fabulous place to ask questions and share images of recipes you have made! It helps inspire others to cook new and interesting dishes.
If you would like more Thermomix recipes ideas, please follow the ThermoKitchen FB Page.
For more Thermomix recipe inspiration LETS CONNECT on;
Spicy Buffalo Chicken Pizza
Spicy Buffalo Hot Sauce
- 4 cloves garlic
- 150 ml Franks Hot Buffalo Sauce *available in Woolworths
- 70 g salted butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 TBS brown sugar
- 1 TBS white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 300 g chicken tenderloins cut into thin strips (or you can use leftoever cooked chicken)
- 25 g baby spinach 6 leaves on each pizza
- ¼ red onion thinly sliced
- 125 g grated cheese
- 5 Swirls Garlic aioli for the top of the cooked pizza
- 5 pizza bases 20cm diameter
- Place garlic in TM bowl. Blitz 3 second/Speed 9.4 cloves garlic
- Scrape down the bowl. Add Franks hot sauce, butter, salt, sugar, garlic powder, vinegar and paprika. Cook 10 min/ 100 degrees/Speed 2.150 ml Franks Hot Buffalo Sauce, 70 g salted butter, ½ teaspoon salt, 1 TBS brown sugar, 1 TBS white vinegar, 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Slowly blend the sauce starting at speed 4 and increasing to speed 9 over 2 minutes.
- Reserve the sauce for later.
- Preheat the oven to maximum temperature. OR Preheat Ovana Pizza Oven
- Use 1 ½ Tbs of hot sauce on the base of each pizza. Spread evenly.5 pizza bases
- Place the sliced chicken in a bowl. Add any remaining hot sauce to the chicken and mix until combined. Reserve.300 g chicken tenderloins
- Add a small amount of onion to the base of the pizzas.¼ red onion
- Place 5 -6 spinach leaves on each pizza.25 g baby spinach
- Add 2 Tbs of grated cheese on top of the spinach.125 g grated cheese
- Place the chicken strips on the pizzas. Each pizza should have about 6 strips.
- Evenly distribute any remaining cheese over the pizza.
- Bake for 15 minutes oven or until cooked. Bake for 2 minutes in the pizza oven turning as it cooks.
- Remove from the oven and add a swirl or aioli.5 Swirls Garlic aioli
I hope you have enjoyed this story. Feel free to leave a comment or start a discussion. If you have made a dish from this site I would love to know what you thought!
Leaving a comment and a star rating helps others decide if they should try my recipe. Plus if you hit the social media share buttons, your friends may find a delicious new recipe or Thermomix Tip too!
If you want to be notified when a new recipe is released sign up for my monthly newsletter. The form is also in the footer!
Thank you for stopping by,