Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
Thermomix chocolate chip cookies are sinfully delicious with a block of Marvellous Creations chocolate added to the dough. Start here with the best cookie dough.
It has taken me a long time to get these photos up! Every time I tried to take "professional images" the family had demolished too many of the cookies for me to get a good picture. It really didn't bother me that much the first time as they are really easy to make.
So I made a second batch the following day, but they too were gone before I got pictures. It took me a few more days to make them again. This time I waited until the kids were at school and hubby was out of the house.
I was a lot more strategic with the timing of the cook and I finally have the images I wanted!
Starting with the best Thermomix chocolate chip cookie dough is the key to this delicious cookie. My cookie dough is so simple you may never buy a packet of biscuits again. It's three easy steps dump, mix, and bake.
If you don't believe me take a look below at the steps and progress pictures.
Marvellous Creations Choc Chip Cookies Step-by-Step
Here are the ingredients you will use, I forgot to take a picture of the chocolate chips. There should be some with the other ingredients.
Roughly chop the Marvellous Creations Chocolate Bar with a knife
Combine all ingredients in the TM Bowl or food processor except the chocolate chips and Marvellous Creations chocolate.
Add the chocolates to the dough.
Roll the cookie dough into small golf ball size round balls.
Flatten the balls on a lined baking tray.
Bake for 15 minutes at a temperature of 170 degrees Celsius.
This is another very popular recipe if you like a crunchier cookie, or if you're looking for a chunky big batch Choc Chip Cookie. I also have a really popular recipe for Snickers Cookie which combines the goodness of peanut butter and chocolate. Plus we can't forget the Australian favourite ANZAC biscuit.
Substitute Chocolate Chip Ingredients
If you're like me you are always trying to mix things up a little. This recipe is good to start as a base and then add your own substitute ingredients. Here are some great swaps.
- Remove 30g flour and ADD 30g cocoa powder - Double Choc Chip Cookies
- Substitute the 1 teaspoon vanilla,180g of Marvelous Creations & 70g milk choc chips FOR 1 teaspoon rum, Rum & Raisin Chocolate, and Dark Chocolate Chips -Rum & Raisin Cookies
- Remove 30g flour and the Marvelous Creations and substitute with 30g cocoa powder and a mix of white and milk chocolate chips. - Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Chocolate Cookie Making Watchpoints
There are only a few watch points to this recipe as it is very simple.
- Use cold butter - warm butter will cause the cookies to spread way too much during cooking.
- Flatten the cookies, don't leave them as balls.
- Leave about two centimetres around each flattened cookie to allow for spreading whilst they cook.
- Leave the baked cookies on the tray until cooled as they will be very soft when they first come out of the oven.
FAQ's Choc Chip Cookies Thermomix
Nope, you can just throw all of these ingredients in a food processor. Then stir through the chocolate by hand.
Yes, regular sugar is fine. Although you can make your own caster sugar in the Thermomix before you start the recipe.
Yes you can just use white sugar although you will lose some of the malty flavour.
No, the butter should be used straight from the fridge for the best results.
I share loads of great recipes on the page. Our community group page is a fabulous place to ask questions and share images of recipes you have made! It helps inspire others to cook new and interesting dishes.
If you would like more Thermomix recipes ideas, please follow the ThermoKitchen FB Page.
For more Thermomix recipe inspiration LETS CONNECT on;
Marvellous Creations Thermomix Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 120 g salted butter cut in cubes
- 80 g caster sugar
- 100 g brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1 egg
- 250 g plain flour
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 180 g Marvellous Creation Chocolate Use a knife to roughly chop
- 80 g milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius,
- Line two cookie trays with baking paper.
- Add all the ingredients except the chocolate chips and Marvellous Creations to the TM Bowl. Mix 30 sec/ Speed 5.120 g salted butter, 80 g caster sugar, 100 g brown sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla essence, 1 egg, 250 g plain flour, 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Scrape down the bowl. Mix 10 sec/ Speed 5.
- Add the Marvelous Creations and Chocolate Chips to the TM Bowl. Mix 20 sec/ Speed 3 (Reverse Blade).180 g Marvellous Creation Chocolate, 80 g milk chocolate chips
- Use your spatula to further mix through the chocolate.
- Scoop approximately 1 generous tablespoon of the mixture out of the bowl. Shape it into a ball and place on the cookie tray.
- Continue to make cookie dough balls until you have 22 balls. Be sure to distribute the chocolate evenly.
- Flatten the cookies down until they are about 1.5 cm thick. Leave room for additional spreading.
- Place cookie trays in the oven and bake for 15 minutes or until golden.
- Leave to cool on the rack as they will be soft whilst hot.
It's safe to say the Thermomix Chocolate Chip Cookies are a hit in my house, I hope they are in yours too.
I hope you have enjoyed this story. Feel free to leave a comment or start a discussion. If you have made a dish from this site I would love to know what you thought!
Leaving a comment and a star rating helps others decide if they should try my recipe. Plus if you hit the social media share buttons, your friends may find a delicious new recipe or Thermomix Tip too!
If you want to be notified when a new recipe is released sign up for my monthly newsletter. The form is also in the footer!
Thank you for stopping by,