How to get a Sparkling Clean TM Bowl
Hi everyone, today I wanted to share the secret of getting a sparkling clean TM bowl. Whether your bowl has a stain that’s difficult to remove or has just gone dull in colour this easy treatment will have it gleaming again on no time.
Those that have owned their TM for a little while may already know this hack, but I think it’s worth putting out there for new owners. What do you think of the before and after shots? The bowl was getting really dull and speckled.
Firstly let’s go through some basic do’s and don’t for cleaning the TM bowl.
Clean TM Bowl Do’s
- Do clean the lid, blade and bowl with the supplied brush to remove any surface debris.
- Do put all the pieces of your TM bowl in the dishwasher. Everything is completely dishwasher safe.
- Do pull apart you bowl regularly for a thorough cleaning.
- For a quick clean in between recipe steps do add water to the bowl and wash on speed 5.
Clean TM Bowl Dont’s
- Don’t use a harsh scouring pad on the metal, it will scratch.
- Don’t try to scratch debris off with a knife, again it will scratch the bowl.
So now that brings me to my cleaning recipe and a quick youtube which demonstrate the cleaning process. Please hit subscribe to this website or the Youtube channel if you want to see more Thermomix helpful hints.
This is a recipe for achieving a sparkling clean TM Bowl.
Add the lemon quarters to the TM bowl. Chop 3sec/Speed 9.
Add the water to the chopped lemon. Heat 10min/Varoma/Speed 3.5.
Remove the lemon and wash out the TM bowl. The bowl will become really shiny if you also polish with a microfibre cloth.
The leftover lemon can be used in additional bowls or reboiled in water in your kettle to clean the stains from the inside of the jug.
I hope this tutorial has been helpful. Don’t forget to add the leftover lemon water to your kettle. Half fill the kettle with water and wait for it to boil. The kettle will be as good as new too.
For more recipes, please follow the ThermoKitchen FB Page. Want to receive an email update when new recipes are released. Why not scroll down and hit subscribe at the bottom of the website. I want to help you create more with your Thermomix.