This refreshing Turmeric Mango Smoothie can be enjoyed as a healthy drink, a cooling smoothie bowl or as a fun ice block. With all the health benefits of Turmeric and the flavour of fresh tropical fruit, this is a simple and delicious breakfast or snack idea.
When the weather is warm I like to make the children a smoothie, either as part of their breakfast or as an after-school snack. It's a great way to get some extra vitamin-filled fruit in their diet. My family didn't even guess I'd added turmeric to this smoothie!
Whilst I was developing the recipe I served the same smoothie in a few different ways. Each day I used the same ingredients but with different amounts of fresh and frozen fruit.
Turmeric Mango Smoothie Serving Variations
If you prefer a Turmeric Mango Smoothie Drink rather than a thick smoothie bowl, use frozen mango and fresh pineapple. Continue as per the recipe
For a delicious smoothie bowl which is thick enough to decorate with your choice of fresh fruit. use frozen mango and frozen fresh pineapple.
Freeze any leftover smoothie drink or smoothie bowl into snack size zip lock bags for a cool treat. I like to add a couple of pieces of additional fruit to the ice-blocks prior to freezing.
Tips and Tricks
I like fresh ginger a lot! So I use it often in smoothies, it does tend to give the smoothie a "spicy" flavour, if you have small children you might want to leave this out.
Pepper allows the Turmeric to be better absorbed by the body. Happily, it doesn't affect the flavour of the drink.
I really like the flavour of cardamom, especially when its teamed with ginger and turmeric. If you're not a fan you can reduce or omit the cardamom pods.
I prefer the "Boost" brand of frozen mango. It's now available in Woolworths supermarkets in the frozen fruit section. I feel this brand is sweeter and has more flavour than other brands.
Depending on your preference you can use any of these 3 liquid bases for your smoothie. I used plain tap water to test my recipe on the kids. You could substitute regular water for coconut water for added electrolytes and nutrients. If you prefer a sweeter smoothie use apple juice. I know this may seem a little unhealthy, but when you buy a smoothie at Boost Juice the base is always a fruit juice. That's why it's so delicious!! 100 % Apple juice instead of water was my favourite variation.
The Health Benefits Of Turmeric
I know I've mentioned the health benefits of Turmeric before, but here is a quick list of ways Turmeric can be of benefit in the diet.
- powerful anti-inflammatory effects
- a strong antioxidant which protects us from free radicals
- improve brain function and may assist in brain-related diseases such as Alzheimer’s
- lowers risk of heart disease
- can reduce the growth of tumours and slow the spread of cancer
- reduces depression
- can reduce cholesterol
- may improve memory function
For more information on the health benefits of turmeric take a look at this article by prevention.
Turmeric Mango Smoothie
- 5 black peppercorns
- 2 green cardamon pods *optional
- 2.5 g fresh ginger *optional
- 5 g fresh turmeric *or 1 teaspoon of powder
- 320 g frozen pineapple
- 180 g frozen mango
- 1-2 passionfruit
- 350 g water *OR see alternative liquid options
- 1 teaspoon black chia seeds *optional
- 1 banana *optional
- 6 fresh raspberry *optional
- 1 passionfruit *optional
- Place the black peppercorns and green cardamon in TM Bowl. Blitz 5 sec/Speed 10.
- Remove any large pieces of green husk from the cardamon.
- Add the turmeric and ginger. Blitz 3 sec/Speed 10. Scrape down the TM bowl.
- Add the water, mango and pineapple to the TM bowl. Blend 45 sec/Speed 7.
- Scrape down the bowl. Blend 10 sec/ Speed 7.
- Divide the smoothie into 3 equal serves and garnish with fruit as desired.
Don’t forget to tag me on social media if you make any Thermokitchen recipes! I love chatting and seeing your pictures. #Thermokitchen
For more delicious Thermomix recipe inspirations LETS CONNECT on;
Thank you once again for stopping by and checking out the website. If you're looking for other Turmeric recipes check out my Turmeric Lemon Bliss Balls, they taste just like cheesecake.
If you’ve made my Turmeric Mango Smoothie I’d love to know what you thought? Feel free to leave a rating too. Rating the recipes let others know if they should try it too. ?