Corned beef and cabbage soup is a typical old-fashioned dish my nan used to make in winter. Although the recipe has been modernised for the Thermomix I have given instructions for the stovetop too. Plus it's also a low carb and Keto friendly dish.
If you would prefer to cook this dish on the stove top the instructions are in the notes on the recipe card. I promise, whichever method you use the smell of this cooking is sure to bring you right back to your childhood memories.
When I finished making the soup and calculating the nutrients I was surprised and pleased to see that the recipe only totalled 6 net carbs. So, if you're on a low-carb or keto diet this would make the perfect comfort food. It's such a mild and soothing dish. I'd love to be served a bowl on a cold winter night.
It was pleasing to make the recipe again after so long and see nans corned beef and cabbage soup recipe has stood the test of time. I think it has earned its place as a retro dish cool now!
Step by Step Images Corned Beef & Cabbage Soup
This is a fabulous dish to make with leftover corned meat. This is my recipe for Thermomix Corned Beef, it's cooked in the Varoma so it's super moist.
I would recommend buying a 1.7 - 1.8kg piece of meat and cooking it the night before. You will have enough meat for a family meal the night you cook and you can then use the leftovers to make this recipe. If you're lucky there may even be enough leftovers for sandwiches too. This is a VERY economical meal!
I’d love you to tag me on social media if you make any of my Thermokitchen recipes! Chatting and seeing your pictures really makes my day. #Thermokitchen
For more delicious Thermomix recipe inspiration LETS CONNECT on;
Corned Beef & Cabbage Soup
- 15 g garlic
- 3 black peppercorns
- ½ teaspoon yellow mustard seeds
- 80 g brown onion cut in quarters
- 1 rasher streaky bacon optional
- 35 g leafy celery ends
- 35 g carrot unpeeled
- 2 teaspoon oil
- 1500 g chicken bone broth or liquid chicken stock (good quality)
- 100 g cooked corned beef cut into thin slices
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon salt
Steamer/Deep Varoma Tray
- 100 g celery sliced
- 150 g carrot peeled and sliced
- 400 g cabbage chopped roughly
- 150 g cooked corned beef sliced thin and then cut in half
- Add garlic, peppercorns and mustard seeds to TM bowl. Chop 3 sec/Speed 9.
- Add quartered onion, bacon, leafy celery ends, and unpeeled carrot. Chop 4 sec Speed 6.
- Add oil. Saute 5 min/Varoma/Speed 2. (MC Out)
- Blend 20 sec/Speed 9.
- Add curry powder, turmeric, salt, chicken bone broth or chicken stock and half the corned meat to the broth base.
- Place the sliced celery, carrot and cabbage in the deep Varoma dish with the remaining half of corned meat. Cook 30min/100 degrees/Speed 2 (Reverse Blade).
- Once cooked spoon the vegetables and corned meat into serving bowls and pour over the broth.
I’d love to hear your thought on the recipe. What else do you make with leftover corned beef? Another favourite of mine is the corned beef fritters... I will have to share that dish soon too. Please feel free to leave a comment and a rating below.