Sugary-sweet, sugar cookie, perfect for decorating into Halloween Eyeballs!
I love Halloween!! Each year I get unnaturally excited over spooky recipes, Halloween costumes, and ghastly makeup! Facebook always reminds me of my previous year's efforts. These reminders spur me on to keep up my tradition of going a little crazy at Halloween.
Although I get really excited, I'm not the most creatively gifted person in the world. So I tend to rely on treats which are really easy to produce.
These cookie eyeballs are an absolute cinch! The cookie is my no-fail sugar cookie recipe which I have been making for years. It's sweet and the perfect canvas for decorating with the royal icing. Then simply use the royal icing like glue, and stick the eyeball lolly onto the cookie. Voila, one disgusting delicious eyeball cookie complete!
Step by Step Sugar Cookie Eyeballs
For the is the recipe you will need:
- my no-fail sugar cookie dough recipe, see below.
- royal icing (recipe link to follow)
- a bag of "body parts" wrapped candy. This is usually available at Big w or discount stores during Halloween each year.
- Thermomix Piping bag and tip set or equivalent.
Would you mind tagging me on social media if you make any of my Thermokitchen recipes! Chatting and seeing your pictures really makes my day. #Thermokitchen
I would love to share more delicious recipes with you. For Thermomix recipe inspiration LETS CONNECT on;
Halloween Sugar Cookie Eyeballs
- Piping Set
Sugar Cookie Dough
- 170 g salted butter cut into cubes
- 150 g white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 285 g plain flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 210 g pure icing sugar
Body Parts Halloween Candy
- Place the butterfly whisk in the TM bowl.
- Add butter and sugar in TM Bowl. Cream 1 min/Speed 4.
- Scrape down the bowl.
- Add the egg and vanilla paste. Beat 15 sec/Speed 4.
- Remove the butterfly whisk.
- Add flour and baking powder. Select dough mode 20 sec.
- Scrape down the bowl. Select dough mode 20 sec.
- Divide the dough in half and wrap each ball in plastic wrap.
- Flatten the ball to 1 cm thickness and refrigerate until firm
- Pre-heat oven to 170 degrees celsius
- Prepare a cookie slide with baking paper.
- Remove dough from the fridge and use a rolling pin to flatten to ¾ of a cm thickness.
- Use a circular cookie cutter to form shapes in the dough
- Transfer the cookies to the prepared tray.
- Bake 10-15 minutes. Leave on the cookie slide to cool fully.
- Place butterfly whisk in TM Bowl.
- Add egg white and lemon juice to TM bowl. Beat 30 sec/Speed 4.
- Remove Butterfly and add icing sugar. Beat 20 sec/Speed 4.
- Scrape down the bowl. Beat 10 sec/Speed 4.
- Place the royal icing into a piping bag with a medium size circular tip
- Pipe a large circle of icing in the middle of each cookie. The icing should be larger than the lolly eyes.
- Press an eyeball into the centre of the icing.
If you enjoyed the recipe please come back and leave me a comment. I love hearing from everyone, and it helps me to understand what recipes you may enjoy in the future 🙂