Perfect Asian sticky rice every time! This Thermomix recipe guarantees success with a "no-hands" approach to cooking!
I have just launched "An Asian Banquet" Thermomix cookbook. Rather than take up valuable pages in the book explaining how to make the perfect rice accompaniment to those dishes I decided I would share the recipe online. That way I could add another main meal or dessert to the cookbook.
So it took me a little while to perfect sticky rice in the Thermomix but now that I have I'm sharing my tips and technique with everyone.
How to Make the Perfect Asian Sticky Rice
- Chose the correct rice. Sticky rice is a different type of grain to other styles of rice. It's long-grain, glutinous rice. An example to look out for is Jasmine rice. If you can't find Jasmine rice look for any rice which is described as glutenous white rice.
- Wash the rice under running water for 1 to 2 minutes whilst stirring the rice gently with fingers. This allows the excess starch to be removed so the end result doesn’t become too gluey. It's not necessary for the water to run clear.
- Allow the rice to sit in a bowl of water for at least 30 minutes prior to steaming.
- The rice should be steamed more than boiled.
If you enjoy Asian recipes why not take a look at "An Asian Banquet" This Thermomix cookbook contains 33 recipes from 8 Asian countries.
Thank you for coming to visit my site. I truly hope you enjoy all of my recipes. Don’t forget to tag me on social media if you make any Thermokitchen recipes! I love chatting and seeing your pictures. #Thermokitchen
How to use your left-over rice
Once your rice has been refrigerated overnight it is perfect for use in Nasi Goreng or fried rice. Take a look at this delicious recipe.
Sticky Rice Thermomix
- 300 g Jasmine rice
- 1000 g water warm tap
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Place the rice in the internal steam basket. Wash well under running water for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Half fill a ThermoServe with water and place the internal steam basket with rice in the ThermoServer.
- Allow the rice to soak for 30 minutes. (Rice can be left for up to 2 hours).
- Add 1000g water and salt to TM Bowl
- Place the internal steam basket with rice into TM bowl. Cook 20min/Varoma/ Speed 4.
- Use rice as required.
If you make my recipes please let me know what you think in the comments section below. I would also love to hear what other recipes you’re interested in making.
P.S Rating the recipe lets others know if they should make the dish 🙂