Thermomix Brazilian cheese puffs recipe combines a crisp, light, oozy cheese puff with a delicious hit of garlicky pesto. The recipe is suitable for the Thermomix or a food processor.
If you have ever had Brazilian cheese puffs you would know that it's impossible to stop at just one, or even two! Imagine how much better those light cheesy puffs would be with a hit of garlic or a dollop of pesto baked into the cheesy goodness!
There is no need to imagine any longer! I had a Brazilian bread cook fest and made so many delicious variations of these babies in the Thermomix. I think you will find it difficult to go back to just plain cheese after trying these recipe variations.
This is a Thermomix recipe but it can easily be adapted for a food processor so I will give both directions. The total time from recipe start to finish is only about 20 minutes so this is a really speedy snack or main meal accompaniment.
Thermomix Brazilian Cheese Puffs Variations
I have been making these cheese puffs every day this week and each time I make a variation just to test our the theory that everything is better with cheese.
Garlic Cheese - Place a peeled bulb of garlic in the TM with 3tsp oil. Blend 3 sec/Speed 9. Scrape down the bowl and repeat. Add 2 teaspoons of garlic paste to the cheese puffs ingredients prior to blending.
Sundried Tomato & Cheese - Once the batter has been added to the muffin tin add a few slices of finely chopped sundried tomato to the top of each cheese puff.
Cheesy Mite Puffs - Warning I love vegemite! Once the batter has been added to the muffin tin add a few ½ teaspoon of vegemite to the top of each cheese puff. I call this the Aussie Brazilian Cheese puff!
I’d love you to tag me on social media if you make any of my Thermokitchen recipes! Chatting and seeing your pictures really makes my day. #Thermokitchen
For more delicious Thermomix recipe inspiration LETS CONNECT on;
Pesto Brazilian Cheese Puffs
- 25 g parmesan cheese
- 60 g basil 1 bunch
- 2 cloves garlic
- 25 g pinenuts
- 45 g olive oil mild
- 15 g lemon juice fresh
Brazilian Cheese Puffs
- 70 g Parmesan cheese cut into 4 pieces
- 160 g milk can be skim or full cream
- 1 egg
- 60 g oil mild
- 170 g arrowroot flour (the container has 185g - I use a whole container)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Place the parmesan cheese in TM bowl. Grate 3sec/Speed 9.
- Reserve cheese for later.
- Place the basil, garlic, pinenuts, olive oil and lemon juice to TM bowl. Blend 10 sec/Speed 7.
- Scrape down bowl.
- Add reserved parmesan cheese. Combine 10 sec/Speed 2.5.
- Transfer pesto to a jar. Add a thin layer of oil to the jar to prevent oxidisation.
Brazilian Cheese Puffs
- Preheat the oven to 220-degrees Celsius, spray a 12 hole muffin tin with oil.
- Place cheese into TM bowl. Grate 3 sec/Speed 9.
- Add milk, oil, egg, flour and salt to the cheese. Blend 20 sec/Speed 8.
- Scrape down bowl. Blend 5 sec/Speed 8.
- Fill the muffin tin ¾ full of batter.
- Add one teaspoon of the pesto to the top of each cheese puff.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes (220°C) Serve hot.
If you're looking for another delicious garlic bread treat why not try my garlic star bread! It's so easy and impressive!
I’d love to hear your thought on the recipe. What other flavour variations do you think would be good added to the Brazilian cheese puffs. Brett has said that tomorrow he will be making Pizza Brazillian cheese puff with salami, garlic paste and sundried tomato! I'm not sure how all those toppings will go but I'm sure there will be an FB update!!
Please feel free to leave a comment and a rating below.