Weetbix slice is one of those classic lunchbox treats. I've revamped the recipe and made a Thermomix Chocolate Weetbix slice which is "no bake" and has some delicious modifications. I promise your kids will never guess how much goodness is in one square.
I try to provide my children with healthy, but delicious treats in their lunch box. I know that chocolate isn't healthy and this slice includes other "sometimes" ingredients but its packed with 18 Weetbix, a cup of mixed seeds, sultanas and coconut, so it's definitely not all bad. If you compare the slice to a bag of chips or some cookies this treat has many redeeming qualities.
Best of all, my family, and my taste testers loved the slice! Where'as some of the "raw, no refined sugar treats" I've tried I haven't been so well received. So I think this is a happy compromise between nutrition and a treat slice.
Most of these ingredients you will probably already have in your pantry which is another big plus! I tend to make this slice when I find some "unloved" Weetbix that has been shoved to the back of the pantry. It's also a great way of using up random, leftover nuts and seeds from other recipes. So feel free to substitute the pepita, sunflower and sultana mix for an equivalent weight of fruit and nuts.
Step by Step Chocolate Weetbix Slice
Don’t forget to tag me on social media if you make any Thermokitchen recipes! I love chatting and seeing your pictures. #Thermokitchen
For more delicious Thermomix recipe inspirations LETS CONNECT on;
Thermomix Chocolate Weetbix Slice
- 265 g Weetbix approx 18
- 160 g butter cut in cubes *not margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste
- 15 g Dutch process cocoa
- 250 g condensed milk
- 45 g shredded coconut *plus extra to garnish if desired
- 200 g dark chocolate bits
- 160 g Pepita, sunflower, pine nut and sultana seed blend
- 200 g milk chocolate broken into cubes
- 3 Tbs pouring cream
- Place Weetbix in TM bowl. Blitz 4 sec/Speed 7.
- Remove Weetbix from the TM and reserve for later.
- Without cleaning the bowl add butter, vanilla, cocoa powder and condensed milk. Heat 4 min/Varoma/Speed 2.
- Add coconut, choc bits, seed and sultana mix and reserve Weetbix. Combine 1 min/Speed 2.5 (Reverse Blade).
- Line a slice tray with aluminium foil.
- Place the slice mixture into the tray and press down firmly. Refrigerate.
- Add the chocolate and cream to a clean glass dish. Microwave in 20-second bursts until melted, stirring in between.
- Pour the chocolate topping over the slice. Refrigerate for one hour or until required.
Thank you once again for stopping by and checking out the website. If you’re looking for more lunch box idea take a look at these;
I’d love to know what you think if you make my Chocolate Weetbix Slice? Feel free to tell me what variations you've tried, oh and leave a rating too. Rating the recipes let others know if they should try it too. ?