Making the Best Thermomix Mayonnaise
Making mayonnaise in the Thermomix is so much easier than whisking the ingredients by hand. The machine takes all the muscle out of the job, it almost feels like cheating. There are a few tips I have to share which will ensure a perfect Thermomix mayonnaise every time.
Making Mayonnaise in the Thermomix is so easy. The ingredients are all readily available in your pantry and the whole process takes just 5 minutes.
- 1 egg whole
- 1 egg yolk only
- 50 g apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 250 g vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp peppercorns optional
- 1-2 garlic cloves optional
Add salt, garlic (optional) and pepper to TM bowl. Mill 3 sec/Speed 9.
Scrape down the bowl.
Add egg yolks and egg and 2 teaspoons of vinegar to TM bowl. Combine 30 sec/Speed 4.
Scrape down the bowl. Reset the Thermomix for 3 min/Speed 4.
With the MC in place slowly add the oil and the remainder of the vinegar alternately over the 3-minute period. Finish adding the last of the liquid 15 seconds before the end of the timer.
Refrigerate until required.
Tips for Making the Perfect Thermomix Mayonnaise
- The ingredients all need to start at room temperature for easier emulsification.
- Add the oil very gradually at the start of the beating process. You can drizzle the oil onto the TM lid with the MC in place to slow the rate the oil reaches the TM bowl.
- Chill the mayonnaise for 30 minutes prior to serving for a thicker mayonnaise.
Homemade mayonnaise tastes so much better than the store-bought varieties. Once you’ve mastered the basic recipe it’s easy to change the basic Thermomix mayonnaise into all sorts of delicious sauces.
Take a look at this recipe which includes a recipe for a Spicy Chipotle Aioli.
If you would like more great Thermomix recipes, follow the ThermoKitchen FB Page. I share loads of great recipes on the page. Our community group page also shares recipes and tips from other fabulous Thermomix bloggers. So if you’re want to “Create more with your Thermomix” make sure to join both pages.