Homemade, zingy lime and turmeric aioli will take your condiment making to a whole new level of taste brilliance. Made in the Thermomix, store bought mayonnaise has nothing on this taste sensation.
Lime is a bright citrus flavour which matches perfectly with the subtle, fresh earthy turmeric flavour. I've included garlic in the recipe because I just can't make aioli without garlic, aioli needs garlic!
Peppercorns also feature in the recipe for two reasons;
- They're delicious and give another complementary flavour to the aioli.
- Peppercorns allow the Turmeric to be more readily absorbed which releases all the beneficial compounds and makes it bioavailable.
If you're interested in learning more about the health benefits of turmeric take a look at my Turmeric and Lemon Bliss Balls. The article includes a delicious recipe for bliss balls plus some useful information about turmeric.
Lime Turmeric Aioli Tips
Making homemade aioli from scratch in the Thermomix is really quite simple if you follow these tips.
- all ingredients are best used at room temperature
- add the oil and lime juice more slowly when you first begin to emulsify the ingredients.
- finish adding the liquids with 15-20 seconds to go.
- the aioli will thicken a little further after it's been refrigerated.
I'm sure you can think of loads of dishes that would be improved with a little turmeric aioli. I've been adding it to all my sandwiches but it was seriously AMAZING on this Smoked Salmon, Avocado Baguette! Those that follow me on Instagram would have already seen this picture and the recipe.
Did you like that little segway... so, don’t forget to tag me on social media if you make any Thermokitchen recipes! I love chatting and seeing your pictures. #Thermokitchen You will also get to see all my recipes and pictures before anyone else!
For more delicious Thermomix recipe inspirations LETS CONNECT on;
Lime Turmeric Aioli Thermomix Recipe
- 10 g fresh turmeric root
- 10 g garlic cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon peppercorns
- 70 g lime juice
- 1 whole egg
- 300 g vegetable oil
- Place turmeric, garlic, salt and pepper in TM bowl. Blitz 3 sec/Speed 9.
- Scrape down the bowl. Add 10g lime juice and egg. Blend 20 sec/Speed 6.
- Scrape down the bowl and add butterfly whisk.
- Set the TM to 3 min/Speed 4. Gradually add the oil and remaining lime juice over the 3 minutes until fully combined.
- Refrigerate until needed.
Thank you once again for stopping by!
Have you made my aioli yet? I’d love to know what you thought? Please let me know in the comments below. If you’ve made the recipe please give it a star rating. Rating the recipes let others know what you thought 🙂