TM6 Thermomix Review – Australia
TM6 Thermomix review – The TM6 has been available in Australia now since July 2019. ThermoKitchen has taken a good look at the new features on the machine, here is the verdict!
For the past 2 months, we have put the TM6 through its paces and I have to say we like the new features and look of the TM6.
Thermomix have made some great advancements since the initial release of the TM5 and recipe chips. When Thermomix launched the Cook-key and Cookidoo platform TM5 owners had their first glimpse of the future smart connected kitchen. The new TM6 has taken the appliance even further into a smart connected appliance with the larger screen and built-in wifi processor, but it doesn’t stop there.
TM6 Thermomix Review
TM6 owners are now able to connect this smart appliance to their home wifi. This feature allows the user to select dishes from an international platform which includes more than 30,000 recipes. Once a recipe is selected from the Cookidoo platform it will appear on the Thermomix touch-screen. The user is then able to follow step-by-step guided cooking instructions for the dish. Each step will appear on the screen with pre-set time and temperature at each step.
The TM6 touchscreen can also be used to control time, temperature and speed using manual cooking mode. So users can also continue to cook their favourite conventional recipes in the Thermomix.
What can the TM6 do?
The TM6 can do everything the TM5 can and so much more!
There are now 25 functions on the Thermomix TM6
New features currently available on the TM6 Thermomix are;
- a larger touch-screen
- Cookidoo online search access on the touch screen
- integrated wifi for software updates and new functions to be added to the machine.
- 8 Pre-set cooking modes – Dough, Turbo, Pre-clean, Kettle, Blend, Slow Cooker, Sous Vide & Fermentation
- Scales are accurate to 1 gram
- Heat can be controlled in 1˚C increments.
- the TM6 can reach 160 degrees celsius in guided cooking recipes.
- the measuring cup can be fixed into the lid.
- the spatula is has a silicon edge for better scraping bowl scraping.
- the TM6 comes with a splatter guard for use when the MC is removed
- The internal steam basket now has a lid to prevent overfilling.
TM6 Pricing Austalia
The TM6 pricing at the time of writing this article is set at a recommended retail price of $2269.
Thermomix uses the direct selling method to sell machines. When a customer makes an enquiry they’re put in contact with a consultant who will arrange a time to demonstrate the machine. If you would like to know more about the TM6 I would be happy to answer any questions you have.
Thermomix has been the leading all-in-one thermal cooker on the market since the first machine was produced in the 1970s. Each successive model has increased the functionality and scope of the appliance in the kitchen. The latest version the TM6 takes a huge leap into the future of cooking with the smart connection and recipe platform integration.
If you don’t already have a Thermomix I would absolutely recommend speaking to a consultant to find out how the Thermomix can help you. This is a labour-saving device that is invaluable when it comes to making food quickly from scratch.
If you already have TM5 I probably wouldn’t be in a hurry to upgrade as both machines are fabulous. If you can afford to own a TM5 and TM6 then DO IT!
The Thermomix is particularly suited to:
- people with allergies or specific health issues that require a particular diet or recipes to be made from scratch.
- those that wish to save money by making their own yoghurt, bread, sauces, jams, cookies, nut milk and other basic groceries items.
- time-poor families that struggle with cooking a meal during the bathing hour and need an extra set of hands in the kitchen.
- Creative cooks that want to lift their skills to the next level with precise temperature control and advanced functions
- Cooks that have struggled following recipes and need the help guided cooking provides.
If you would like to know more about the Thermomix please feel free to either ask in the comments section below, send me an email or complete the online form above.
To stay connected please feel free to reach out to me on social media
Thanks so much for stopping by, I hope you have found my TM6 Thermomix review helpful!