Simple Passionfruit Slice -A Quick Retro Treat
A sweet and tart, silky slice filling, which sits on a delicious biscuit base! This Simple Passionfruit slice recipe ticks all the dessert boxes, plus it requires just 5 ingredients and takes 20 minutes to make from start to finish.
Are you sold! Once you try this recipe you will be in love with the flavours. This is an old-fashioned recipe that has been around since I was a kid. I used to make it as a teenager everytime the passionfruit vine was “overproducing”.
The recipe uses 130gm of passionfruit pulp so it’s particularly good if you need to use up a lot of passionfruit quickly. Plus, the resulting slice is so delicious it will magically disappear.
Simple Passionfruit Slice Method – Without Thermomix
Although the recipe is given for a Thermomix it’s super easy to make by hand.
- Melt the butter in the microwave, then add all the biscuit base ingredients to a food processor and process until you have a fine crumb.
- Press the crumb into a small baking tray.
- With a whisk or stick blender combine the ingredients until they’re light and fluffy.
- Pour the filling over the base and bake for 12 minutes. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours.
Passionfruit Slice Tips
- The total fruit pulp and juice needed is to equal approximately 250ml. You can change the ratio of passionfruit to lemon if you have an excess of either passionfruit or lemon.
- Don’t overcook the slice, it needs to just barely be set. 12-15 minutes maximum depending on your oven.
More Great Passionfruit Recipes
If you’re experiencing a passionfruit glut I have some more great passionfruit recipes.
Don’t forget to tag me on social media if you make any Thermokitchen recipes! I love connecting and seeing your pictures. #Thermokitchen
For more for more delicious Thermomix recipe inspirations FOLLOW ME on;
This is a sweet and tart, silky slice. The filling sits on a delicious biscuit base! The recipe ticks all the dessert boxes, plus it requires just 5 ingredients & takes 20 min.
- 200 g Arnotts "Nice" biscuits
- 90 g butter cubed
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 600 g condensed milk
- 130 g passionfruit pulp approx 8-10
- 115 g lemon juice
Preheat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius
Place the butter in TM bowl. Melt 1.2 min/Varoma/Speed 3.
Add the cinnamon and biscuits to the melted butter. Blitz 5 sec/Speed 8.
Scrape down the bowl and blitz again. 5 sec/Speed 5.
Line 16cm x 26cm baking tray with paper.
Add all the crumb to the prepared tray and press into position firmly with a flat glass. Refrigerate.
Without cleaning the TM bowl insert the butterfly.
Place the passionfruit pulp, lemon and condensed milk in TM bowl. Whisk 30sec/Speed 3.
Pour the filling into the biscuit base and cook 12-14 minute. Remove from the stove and refrigerate uncovered immediately.
Allow 2-3 hours in the fridge before serving.
Although this is a Thermomix recipe the Passionfruit is easy to make by hand. Instructions on an alternate method are given above.
Thanks so much for stopping by, if you’ve tried my Passionfruit Slice please click on the star rating to rate the recipe and let me know your thoughts in the comments below.
Happy Cooking xx