Thermomix Thai Pumpkin Soup Warm Up!
This Thermomox Thai pumpkin soup reminds me of my favourite Thai red curry. It’s full of flavour and deliciously warming with a hint of spice. The soup is made using a commercial red curry paste and coconut cream for a fast weeknight meal.
This is a popular recipe in our house over the winter. To make the dish more filling I’ve invented a delicious variation which turns this soup form an entree into the main meal. Roasting chicken in the oven as the soup cooks is a great way to add a little extra protein to the dish and make it more satisfying. If you were preparing this dish for a vegetarian you could fry off some tofu instead of the chicken.
Loaded Chicken Thai Pumpkin Soup
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Line a roasting dish with baking paper.
- Prepare the Thai Pumpkin soup as per the recipe below.
- Whilst the soup is cooking in the Thermomix bake 4 chicken thigh fillets for 20 minutes.
- Dice the chicken.
- Garnish the soup with the regular recipe toppings and include an equal amount of cooked chicken on top of the soup also.
I have listed the brands I use in the recipe because there may be a little variation in flavour if a substitute brand is used. I do not receive any affiliate commission, advertising or sponsorship from these brands.
If you would like to make your own Thai Curry Paste take a look at this recipe for Nam Prik Pao. This is an easy curry paste to make in the Thermomix and it stores well in the fridge.
Don’t forget to tag me on social media if you make any Thermokitchen recipes! I love chatting and seeing your pictures. #Thermokitchen
For more for more delicious Thermomix recipe inspirations LETS CONNECT on;
This Thermomix Thai pumpkin soup reminds me of my favourite Thai red curry. It's full of flavour and deliciously warming with a hint of spice. The soup is made using a commercial red curry paste and coconut cream for a fast weeknight meal.
- 15 g garlic
- 120 g onion cut in half
- 20 g butter
- 500 g pumpkin cut into large pieces
- 150 g potato roughly chopped
- 350 g vegetable stock or 1 TBS vegetable stock paste and water
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1-2 TBS Thai Red Chili Paste (Valcom) or Homemade Nam Prik Pao
- 270 g coconut cream (Ayam)
- 2 kaffir lime leaves shredded finely
- 1 TBS granulated nuts
- 1 green shallot sliced on the diagonal
Place the garlic and onion in the TM bowl. Chop 3sec/Speed 5. Scrape down TM bowl.
Add butter to the onion mixture. Saute 3min/120 degrees/Speed 1.
Add the potato and pumpkin to the TM bowl. Chop 15sec/Speed 7. Scrape down the bowl.
Add the stock, salt, Thai chilli paste and half the coconut cream. Cook 20min/100 degrees/Speed 1.
Add the remaining coconut cream (reserve 1 TBS for a garnish if desired). Blend 1min/Speed 5. Increase the speed gradually up to 9.
Serve the soup into individual bowls and garnish with coconut cream, nuts, kaffir lime leaves.
If you would like to make your own Thai Red Chilli Paste take a look at my recipe.
Thank you once again for stopping by and checking out the website.
If you’ve made this recipe I’d love to know what you thought? Please let me know in the comments below and give it a star rating. Rating the recipes let others know if they should try it too. 🙂