Lentil soup is a nourishing, hearty winter dish full of vegetables, nutrient-rich lentils and a touch of spice. A bowl of this warming soup will keep you feeling cosy on the coldest of days. This is a delicious vegan Thermomix lentil soup recipe.
As the weather chills it's always comforting to have a few hearty, healthy soups in your repertoire. Preparing soup in the Thermomix is particularly easy as the whole process is completed in the bowl. Vegetables are chopped, sauteed and slow cooked in the Thermomix. Once cooked its simply a matter of blending the soup to the desired level of chunkiness or smooth texture.
Each year I add a few more soup recipes to the ThermoKitchen recipe files. You can tell when I'm finding the weather a little nippy because I will be sharing a new soup recipe. Although every member of the family has a favourite soup I like to keep up the variety. Anais loves Chinese Chicken Sweet Corn Soup Brett's favourite is my Jalapeno Soup which is in my Mexican Cookbook and my favourite is lentil soup!
Given that lentil soup is my favourite it's a little crazy I haven't shared the recipe before now! Although, in my defence, I rarely make my soup the same twice! So it has been a little hard to get down on paper.
The quantities may vary but the substance of the recipe is always the same.
Thermomix Lentil Soup Tips
- Always use dried lentils, the cooking time of the soup is important to allow all the flavours to come together. If you use canned lentils the soup would be mashed and have less flavour.
- Use fresh spices, the spices are subtle but really important to the recipe. The longer dried spices have been open the less flavour they will have in the soup.
- The most delicate flavours are added at the end of the soup. Coconut cream, coriander, garam masala and spinach are added right at the end of cooking so there is a fresher finish to the soup.
- I love pumpkin in lentil soup. The pumpkin gives the soup a smoother, sweeter flavour. Plus pumpkin and lentils are a match made in heaven!
Lentil Soup Preparations
I’d love you to tag me on social media if you make any of my Thermokitchen recipes! Chatting and seeing your pictures really makes my day. #Thermokitchen
For more delicious Thermomix recipe inspiration LETS CONNECT on;
Thermomix Lentil Soup
- 120 g brown onion cut in half
- 15 g garlic
- 140 g carrot peeled and cut in 3
- 1 red long chili
- 10 g oil
- 400 g crushed tomato can
- 350 g pumpkin cubed
- 900 g water warm tap
- 250 g green lentils dried
- 1 teaspoon cumin ground
- 1 teaspoon coriander ground
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- 250 g water warm tap
- 5 g coriander fresh
- 250 g coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 40 g baby spinach
- Place onion, garlic, carrot, chilli and oil in TM bowl. Chop 5 sec/Speed 5.
- Scrape down the bowl. Saute 5min/Varoma/Speed 1.
- Add tomato, pumpkin, 900g water, lentils, cumin, coriander, paprika, turmeric and salt. Cook 35min/Varoma/Speed 1 (MC OUT) (reverse blade). Use internal steam basket on the lid to prevent splatter.
- Add 250g water. Cook 10min/Varoma/Speed 1 (MC OUT) (reverse blade). Use internal steam basket on the lid to prevent splatter.
- Add fresh coriander, coconut cream and garam masala. Combine 5sec/Speed 3.
- Cook 5min/Varoma/Speed 1 (MC OUT) (reverse blade). Use internal steam basket on the lid to prevent splatter.
- Place the baby spinach into ThermoServer.
- Pour the lentil soup over the spinach and stir by hand to combine.
- Serve with fresh buttered bread or quinoa and rice combination.
Thanks For Stopping By!
Thanks so much for stopping by and checking out the website. If you’re looking for more soup recipes just click on this link, I have plenty to keep you warm this winter.
Please also feel free to leave me a comment. I love hearing from everyone. 🙂Rating the recipe will also help others know whether the recipe is worth making 🙂
Happy Cooking xx