Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
A deliciously creamy pesto chicken recipe with a lovely lemon tang and fresh basil flavour. Best of all, it's on the table in just 30 minutes.
There is something so comforting about eating a big bowl of creamy chicken. Ordinarily, cream dishes are made with cream and tend to be very calorific. Similarly, pesto is usually made with a significant amount of oil. If I had just combined the two dishes we would have had a calorie explosion!
I love taking a dish and giving it a healthier twist. Whilst this isn't a low-calorie dish I've trimmed it of excessive calories and saturated fat and added calcium and protein from cream cheese. So this is a meal you can happily serve regularly.
Creamy Pesto Chicken - 1 Dish 3 Serving Suggestions
For the Kids
I served my creamy pesto chicken with macaroni for the kids and it was a big hit. Any pasta would work well with the recipe.
Do you know how to "cook" pasta using just your Thermoserver and hot water. I will link my Youtube shortly.
Or you could cook e pasta on the stove which takes about 20 minutes. So if you put the pasta on at the start of making the dish everything will be ready to eat within 30 minutes.
For The Hubby
My hubby needs his carbohydrates and extra calories so I made him a jacket potato. Simply turn the oven on to 220 degrees Celsius and microwave a large potato (skin on) for 7 minutes. Place the potato on the oven racks and continue to cook until the creamy pesto chicken is ready. Place the potato in a bowl and cut in quarters. Pour the chicken over the top and serve with grated Parmesan cheese.
Calorie, Keto LCHF Conscious
I like to serve my creamy pesto chicken on a large dinner plate with a rocket and baby tomato salad. Most of my salad greens come from the garden so they're incredibly fresh.
I'm going to start a new tag for weeknight wonders. These will be family-friendly recipes that take less than 30 minutes to get on the table. All the recipes on that tag will use minimal ingredients and pantry staples. You won't get any difficult to find ingredients or techniques.
I would appreciate any recipe suggestions. At the moment I'm developing a super tasty Chicken Cacciatore recipe! What else would you like to see on the website?
I have more fabulous recipes if you're following a low-carb or keto diet. Try this Spicy Popcorn Chicken Salad next time you're craving KFC 🙂 The recipe is one of Megan's from Mad Creations. Megan has some fabulous Keto books and meal plans available.
I share loads of great recipes on the page. Our community group page is a fabulous place to ask questions and share images of recipes you have made! It helps inspire others to cook new and interesting dishes.
If you would like more Thermomix recipes ideas, please follow the ThermoKitchen FB Page.
For more Thermomix recipe inspiration LETS CONNECT on;
Creamy Pesto Chicken Recipe
- 50 g Parmesan cheese cut in quarters
- 10 g garlic
- 30 g basil weight after stems removed
- 50 g pinenuts, pepita and sunflower seed mix alternatively you could just use pinenuts
- 25 g oil
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- 650 g chicken thigh fillets Cut into large cubes - each cube should weigh about 40g
- 10 g garlic
- 6 peppercorns
- 1 TBS oil
- 1 teaspoon thermomix stock paste or massal vege stock cube
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 220 g Philadelphia light cream cheese sour cream can be used if preferred
- 120 g pesto paste all the paste that was made in step one
- 90 g water
- Place parmesan in TM Bowl. Grate 3 sec/Speed 9. Reserve in a small bowl for serving.50 g Parmesan cheese
- Without cleaning the TM Bowl - Place garlic in TM. Grate 3 sec/Speed 9.10 g garlic
- Add basil, seeds, oil, lemon and salt to the garlic. Chop 5 sec/Speed 9.30 g basil, 50 g pinenuts, pepita and sunflower seed mix, 25 g oil, 1 TBS lemon juice
- Scrape down the bowl. Chop 5 sec/Speed 4. Reserve in a small bowl.
Preparing the Chicken
- Without cleaning the TM Bowl. Add the garlic and peppercorns to TM Bowl. Chop 3 sec/Speed 9.10 g garlic, 6 peppercorns
- Add the diced chicken, oil, stock paste and salt. Cook 15 minutes/Varoma/Soft Spoon (Reverse Mode). Place TM Spatula in the MC hole instead of MC. (This helps agitate the chicken without you needing to be there.650 g chicken thigh fillets, 1 TBS oil, 1 teaspoon thermomix stock paste, ¼ teaspoon salt
- Add the reserved pesto, cream cheese and water (for a thinner sauce). Cook 5min/Varoma/Soft Spoon (Reverse Mode) TM Spatula In.220 g Philadelphia light cream cheese, 120 g pesto paste, 90 g water
- Serve immediately with the grated Parmesan cheese.
I hope you have enjoyed this story. Feel free to leave a comment or start a discussion. If you have made a dish from this site I would love to know what you thought!
Leaving a comment and a star rating helps others decide if they should try my recipe. Plus if you hit the social media share buttons, your friends may find a delicious new recipe or Thermomix Tip too!
If you want to be notified when a new recipe is released sign up for my monthly newsletter. The form is also in the footer!
Thank you for stopping by,