My fast and healthy Salmon burger make a fabulous weeknight meal! Mix these up and dinner is on the table in less than 30 minutes.
Hey everyone, did you see me make these super quick Salmon Burgers on Facebook Live?? I love saying hi to everyone on Facebook and giving you some healthy weeknight meal ideas. If you missed the live broadcast take a look at the Salmon Burgers video here.
The Thermomix makes these burgers a great weeknight option. The machine does all the chopping and processing for you! This allows the salmon burger mixture to be made in under 5 minutes. Another time-saving option would be to prepare the salmon mixture into burger patties in the morning and then fry them when you're ready to eat.
You can serve these salmon patties on a brioche roll with salad and a yoghurt dressing or skip the roll and have a lighter salmon patty salad. A really nice idea is to team the salmon burger with a zesty Lime & Turmeric Aioli, this takes the flavour to another level!
Brioche Salmon Burger
- 415 gm canned pink salmon
- 130 gm parmesan cheese
- 60 gm onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 long red chilli optional
- 1 lime juice only
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Using the internal steam basket, drain the liquid off the salmon (over the sink). Discard liquid.
- Place the parmesan cheese in the TM bowl. Grate 4 sec/Speed 7.5. Reserve in a bowl.
- Add the onion, garlic and chill to the TM bowl. Chop 3 sec/Speed 9.
- Scrape down the TM bowl. Repeat. Chop 3 sec/Speed 9.
- Scrape down the bowl. Add egg, breadcrumbs, lime juice, salt, salmon and reserve cheese. Combine 10sec/Speed 4.5.
Cooking the Burgers
- Divide the mixture into 8 evenly sized balls.
- Heat a pan and add 2 Tbs olive oil.
- Fry off salmon patties over low heat. Be sure to fully cook one side before flipping the burger.
- Remove from pan and serve either as a burger or with a salad.
My "cook-a-longs" are announced on the Thermomix FaceBook page so if you'd like to join in, make sure you "like" us.
I’d love you to tag me on social media if you make any of my Thermokitchen recipes! Chatting and seeing your pictures really makes my day. #Thermokitchen
For more delicious Thermomix recipe inspiration LETS CONNECT on;
I hope you enjoy my recipe, please don't forget to pin it for later. Feel free to add your thought to the comment section below. If you'd like to receive a monthly email with other Thermomix recipe ideas please feel free to add your details below.